Web Monitoring System
SmartAdvisor™ Web Monitoring Technology offers the capability to capture and store sheet breaks and corresponding sheet defects from root cause to failure. Images from multiple camera locations are automatically synchronized to continuous flat sheet process, such as Paper, Plastics, Nonwovens and Metals.
With over 330 installations worldwide, Smart Advisor has a proven ability to provide reliable and rapid Return on Investment. Customers are able to reduce poor quality production, increase tonnage, reduce unscheduled downtime and realize material cost savings
SmartAdvisor™ allows customers to:
- Reduce paper machine breaks by 40-50%
- Reduce post-processing and converting breaks by 40-50%
- Increase process operating speed by 5-10%
- Improve machine efficiency by 1-2%
Multi-Camera Synchronized View
- Cameras automatically synchronize to web speed and location
- Current and historical images are presented seamlessly
- Upset root cause is clearly identified
SmartAdvisor - MD Detection
MD Detection monitors configurable SmartZones for contrast variation caused by defects or process upsets. SmartZones use video shift pixel correlation technology to correct for accidentel camera movement or excessive process vibration.
SmartAdvisor and SmartView - Unified Platform
Total vision integration combines the power of advanced SmartView® classification with the flexible multi-position camera technology of SmartAdvisor™. As a result, the operator can rapidly determine the root cause of defects and take corrective action.
- Integrated fault map provides accurate process quality overview
- Classified defects are synchronized with the associated video files from upstream cameras
- Integrated database provides comprehensive reporting for all visual anomalies